About Me

My photo
Welcome to my sewing journey page. My name is Ebony and I have been sewing only since March of 2013. I am the mother of 3 lovely children who are the loves of my life. I invite you to watch and share and comment on my new craft as I take the journey to teach myself to sew.

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Make A Garment A Month

So I have looked through all of the patterns I have purchased over the year to try and figure out which pattern I want to be my first challenge. I decided to make the Vogue Pattern V8955. This is a wide leg pant that looks great. I will be making view C with the top on View B. I have never sewn a Vogue Pattern so this will be my challenge for myself.

I also decided to go with a Rayon/Polyester knit fabric in black. I hope that is right. I remember reading the label on the bolt and if I remember right this was what I read.

Well Wish me luck and I will post pics when I'm done.

3 comments:

  1. I will wish you luck Ebony. These are very nice drapey pants, and that will eliminate a lot of fitting problems. I think they will look stunning - once again, good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi just wondering if you had any pics of the finished project yet. Saw this pattern and it looks lovely but would love to know what it looks like as a finished product. Love the blog posts so far keep going! :)
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kewlbanana,

      I tried this project and it was a horrible fail. I have no clue what I did wrong. I recently thought about giving it another try and just might do so. Thanks for asking and I will post updates. I just might start on it this week.

      Thanks

      Delete